Choosing the right shoes for your clothing is so necessary, you ask why? Because, believe it or not it makes such a big difference in your overall look. For example have you noticed sometimes you look much better not wearing shoes with an outfit? That’s because you are not trying it on with the right shoes. It happens to me a lot when I’m shopping for dresses, so I usually avoid trying on the sample shoes at the boutiques and instead I bring it home and try it on with my own shoe selection.
With having so many different shoe styles to choose from, it is necessary to know what each style stands for and how to select the right shoes for your outfit.You also have to keep in mind that just like clothes, all shoe styles are not made for every bodytype. Which means you have to consider your height, size and body shape when choosing your shoes. So Here are 5 tips on choosing the right shoes for your outfit and body type.
- If you have short legs avoid wearing shoes with ankle straps – Straps make the legs look short
- Wear stiletto heels when you want to elongate your legs, for example when you are wearing skinny jeans or pencil skirts – Stilettos give your legs more length and makes them look slender.
- Do not wear extremly high heels when dressing for a professional event- If you are going for a conservative look, you want to avoid wearing extermly high heels.
- If you have short legs, avoid wearing heels that are more than four inches tall- They make your calf muscle flex more which leaves your leg looking less slender.
- Wear oval shaped or square toes heels if you have large feet. Avoid pointy heels , they may end up making your feet look even larger.
Hope these tips were helpful. I have also included links to a few of my current favorite heels, make sure the check them out.